How to make sure your site is optimized for search engine visits:
- Keep the site content fresh and new on all pages of the site.
- Add a blog to your website which “archives” posts by date.
- Write compelling and interesting blog posts worth reading as often as possible.
- Add social media such as Facebook, Twitter, etc and keep them up to date.
- Educate your readership … not just about your own expertise, but with breaking industry news.
- Read about new SEO changes … search engines are always updating their search methods.
- Have your site developer add meta tags to your html source code to cover all bases.
- Hire a professional SEO individaul If your budget allows. A free-lance writer is worth the expense.
- Make sure your site is “mobile ready”….. A responsive site is best for today’s viewer.
- Include “call to action” elements on your site such as “buy now.”
- Pay attention to appealing branding techniques. If your logo is not professional, hire a logo designer.
- Use newsletter software to stay in front of your viewership. 80% of your business is from referrals.
Remember that anything that is listed or linked on your website is considered a document (or page) by search engine bots, crawlers and spiders.
Keep all pages current and updated with fresh content. All social sites such as Facebook, etc. must also be updated. Otherwise, do not list them on the site. If you site is built properly and has great content and links, you will not fail.
Gone are the days when we could just sit by and wait for work to flow in by magic, once a site is online. When the search engines scan a specific page, they then store that page in a data base (waiting for the page to be called up by someone searching the web). This data control center stores millions of pages of data from around the world. The most current data has the highest value.
It is no secret, that newer content will be ranked above outdated content. To make sure your page is among those indexed you must keep the page fresh and new. Blog posts should be written using your own original thoughts (compelling and interesting).
Your target audience will view the most current information and it could be yours. Or, it could be your competitor, it is your choice. Join us as we promote great search engine optimization techniques. Our SEO workshops benefit our clients and viewers alike. Call to RSVP for the next workshop.
Conclusion … You can enjoy the success you desire. Practice great search engine optimization techniques.
Thanks for stopping by …hurry back for more news you can use.
Article by: Jean Holland-Rose
Inside Design Orlando